Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: LesPalenik on June 12, 2016, 11:15:54 pm

Title: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: LesPalenik on June 12, 2016, 11:15:54 pm
Very interesting article and amazing pictures!
It is quite an eye-opening experience for arm-chair explorers like myself, who would never venture into such places in person. Thank you, Bill for showing us this world.
 
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: pearlstreet on June 13, 2016, 01:33:21 pm
Great article! You mentioned the canyons are created by floods - what do you do to keep safe from flooding?

Sharon
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: DogFriendly on June 13, 2016, 05:48:30 pm
Yes, great article and pictures! Very inspiring photographically and for adding adventure into life.
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: MattBurt on June 13, 2016, 06:08:48 pm
Yes, good article with advice that transcends canyoneering like finding gestures that convey action. I do that with pretty much all the active stuff I shoot (cycling, running, mountaineering, skiing, etc).
I have a friend who does this as a hobby, I need to get him to bring me along sometime! I probably have the basic skills but just haven't applied them to this activity yet.

Nice photos and good article.
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 14, 2016, 04:03:57 am
Good article, thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: luong on June 27, 2016, 12:04:30 am
That's a good article with good photos, but one thing that I don't see mentioned is how to protect the equipment from water while keeping easy access. I am curious about the author's methods. Maybe he explores mostly dry canyons, but personally I find the canyons with water much more appealing. For example, here's photos of one I traveled a week and half ago: http://www.terragalleria.com/blog/the-whole-enchilada-zion-national-parks-subway-from-the-top/
Title: Re: Canyoneering Photography
Post by: HSakols on June 27, 2016, 10:01:17 am
Thanks for the article.  I understand that a good photograph is not about how far one hiked or went out of their way to get.  However, it was the spirit of outdoor adventure that lured me into wanting to be a photographer. QT, I once repelled down Yosemite Falls in the late summer (Middle Earth).  I put my Nikon D800 in a dry bag and had to float it across some pools.  It worked fine! 

Hugh