Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 12, 2016, 11:10:25 pm

Title: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 12, 2016, 11:10:25 pm
Any interest generated by this shot?  Does it evoke a "Southern" sense of place for anyone? thanks, t
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: stamper on June 13, 2016, 03:37:53 am
Could be any where in the world that has a vehicle missing a tire? Nice image.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 13, 2016, 04:10:27 am
Could be any where in the world that has a vehicle missing a tire? Nice image.

Robert, I know this is an American site, but there's no need to go native. Spell "tyre" properly. You're British, man!  ;)

I like the photo, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: stamper on June 13, 2016, 05:07:38 am
Robert, I know this is an American site, but there's no need to go native. Spell "tyre" properly. You're British, man!  ;)

I like the photo, though.

Jeremy

It was an American image so I used the vernacular that was appropriate. My spellchecker is US and that was what it suggested. Do you find it tiring picking up spelling errors? ;) BTW I am Scottish.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: RSL on June 13, 2016, 08:51:59 am
I like it, Todd, but to make it southern you're going to have to hang some moss from those trees.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: BobDavid on June 13, 2016, 09:21:54 am
I like the photo, but it doesn't evoke the south.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 13, 2016, 10:17:24 am
Rural, yes. South, not especially.

And to Robert: You really need to get a Scottish spell checker.   ;)
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: degrub on June 13, 2016, 11:33:25 am
We would never use a "new" tire like that for a swing here in the South.  ;)

Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 13, 2016, 03:42:54 pm
Thanks everyone. I am geeting together six images for submission to Slow Exposures Show 2016 (http://www.slowexposures.org/) which requires the images to evoke The South. I live in the South, so I need outside perspectives to be objective. This one is now out. Thanks for your help.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: RSL on June 13, 2016, 03:46:27 pm
Good luck, Todd.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 13, 2016, 05:16:42 pm
Good luck, Todd.
Thank you Russ.
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: stamper on June 14, 2016, 03:24:49 am
Rural, yes. South, not especially.

And to Robert: You really need to get a Scottish spell checker.   ;)

Can't afford one. I am now retired so I have been out of work for quite a spell. :)
Title: Re: Swing & Shadows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 14, 2016, 08:10:03 am
Can't afford one. I am now retired so I have been out of work for quite a spell. :)
Ah, retired! So you should be putting your resources into having fun, as I do.
The images you post here on LuLa suggest you have your priorities right.

-Eric