Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: LawrenceBraunstein on June 12, 2016, 09:45:56 am
-
Once again, I’m having problems updating Lightroom (in this case, version 6.5 to 6.6 - Perpetual License). The Creative Cloud updater insists my LR version 6.5 is up-to-date! My next option was downloading the setup.dmg file. However, after opening it, I end up with an ‘AdobePatchinstaller.app’ which repeatedly fails to install the update. Instead, I receive an ‘Update Failed’ message stating that the “updates could not be applied”. On the linked ‘error log’ it simply states “Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28”. I’m running Mac OS X version 10.11.5. Can anyone please help me find an alternate solution. I’ve had this problem since updating from LR 5 to LR 6. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet been able to find a link to the complete LR 6.6 version, only to the setup.dmg file. A hearty and sincere “thank you” to anyone who can offer some help!
With best wishes,
Lawrence Braunstein
-
See if this link helps.
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015
-
Lawrence, if what Denis suggests doesn't solve the problem you should call Adobe tech support. They can take you through procedures to detect issues and insure you get updated to the extent your licensing allows.
-
Denis and Mark, thank you both for your help. Unfortunately, the link you supplied, Denis, is where I initially downloaded the setup.dmg file which consistently fails to install the update. Mark, your suggestion to contact Adobe technical support is probably the only viable option I have. Hopefully they can help! Once again, many thanks for the suggestions!
-
For those of you still using a perpetual license version of Lightroom and who have had problems updating similar to mine (see my initial post above), the following workaround proved successful:
After backing up the catalog, I uninstalled Lightroom (v6.5) using Adobe’s ‘Uninstall Adobe Lightroom’ app. After re-booting, I (re-) installed the original ‘Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg’ file (Lightroom 6.0 version!). Instead of updating to version 6.6 via the Creative Cloud Updater, I downloaded the ‘Lightroom 6.6/2015.6’ updater directly from the Adobe site, installed it, and re-opened LR. Much to my satisfaction, the LR version was now properly listed as 6.6! Whether or not my Creative Cloud Updater is also functioning, I’ll need to wait for the next update to see. In any case, it’s reassuring knowing I now have a workaround. As a passing note, the Creative Cloud Updater hasn’t really functioned as it should since I first updated from LR5 to LR6!
I hope this can be helpful to anyone who has the same or similar problems updating their perpetual license version of Lightroom (I don’t know whether subscribers to the Creative Cloud also have similar problems updating).
With kind wishes,
Lawrence Braunstein
-
Thanks Lawrence, I have a slightly similar situation on my (old/clunky) Acer laptop running Windows 10 which might be useful for others as well.
Every time an update comes out I do the update with the Adobe updater and after going through the whole procedure it reports back "update failed" and rolls back to version 6.0
Trying the Adobe updater again gives the same result.
But when I download the latest updater file manually from the Adobe site, unpack the zip file and execute that (with the 6.0 version) it works like designed, and updates directly to the latest version. Trying to do the same from a later version (for instance updating 6.4 to 6.5) again gives the error, so rolling back to 6.0 and manually downloading the updater file is the only way I can update. A bit of a pain but it's infrequent and now I have figured out the workaround it doesn't take too much extra time.
I had this experience updating to 6.4, 6.5 and now to 6.6
On my desktop (also running Windows 10) I have no problems, and the Adobe updater works without errors or problems.