Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Sunshine7 on June 11, 2016, 11:53:50 pm

Title: Printing on Yupo paper - or alternatives for this
Post by: Sunshine7 on June 11, 2016, 11:53:50 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone here printed on Yupo 'paper' before? I have two clients that use this medium for their originals and that would like reproductions of their work.

I have an Epson 9900 and a Canon ipf 8400 and use the Ergosoft rip, but also can use RGB profiles using this rip.

Any suggestions - have you tried to print on this and how was the result, or can anyone recommend an alternative?

One client uses alcohol inks on yupo and and I think the other artist uses watercolor inks on the yupo. Both like (love) the translucent quality of the yupo.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!

Sample image attached so you get and idea
Title: Re: Printing on Yupo paper - or alternatives for this
Post by: BillK on June 12, 2016, 12:08:05 am
A quick look on their site I found this statement "YUPO is not yet recommended for ink-jet, photo copiers, nor laser printers
(except for flash or cold fusion)."
Title: Re: Printing on Yupo paper - or alternatives for this
Post by: Sunshine7 on June 12, 2016, 08:11:21 pm
Yes, thanks, any suggestions of a paper I could use instead?
Title: Re: Printing on Yupo paper - or alternatives for this
Post by: bteifeld on June 13, 2016, 10:46:55 pm
YUPO is essentially a white polypropylene film material.

There is an aqueous inkjet printable version of YUPO, known
as YUPO Octopus WB.

You may want to consider products from Permalite such
as 1620-UA, and other simlar products from Lexjet, HP,
Kodak, and others.
Title: Re: Printing on Yupo paper - or alternatives for this
Post by: Zeon on June 14, 2016, 03:49:30 pm
I image and reproduce Yupo all the time. I print the images on Epson Premium Luster 260 and my clients are pleased with results.