Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Neil Williams on June 11, 2016, 01:20:16 pm

Title: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Neil Williams on June 11, 2016, 01:20:16 pm
Hasselblad 503 Portra 400 180mm f4
I shot this picture last month while on holiday in Hoi An central Vietnam
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: graeme on June 11, 2016, 04:43:10 pm
I really like this one, composition & colour. Very atmospheric.

I'd level the horizon. ( But it's only a tiny bit off & I'm particularly anal about this stuff so you can safely ignore me ).

Nice work.
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 11, 2016, 06:09:28 pm
Very beautiful shot.

If Graeme hadn't mentioned the horizon, I never would have noticed that problem. But he's correct. But it really is only a tiny bit off.
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 11, 2016, 08:08:26 pm
Nice work.

Yes. But what is it?
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: degrub on June 11, 2016, 08:38:16 pm
Oyster farm most likely. Area is known for aquaculture in recent times.
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: BradSmith on June 12, 2016, 12:25:36 am
I love it.  I'm drawn to geometric/graphic elements in photos.  This is wonderful.
Brad
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Neil Williams on June 12, 2016, 12:34:34 am
Oyster farm most likely. Area is known for aquaculture in recent times.
I believe its used for some sort of fish farming
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 12, 2016, 03:54:41 am
The first thing I noticed was the horizon line, so give it a tweak. Otherwise, a wonderful shot.
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Neil Williams on June 12, 2016, 05:48:47 am
Already corrected the horizon....thanks for everyone for pointing it out :)
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: John Koerner on June 12, 2016, 09:47:54 pm
Another subtle, understated, very nice piece.
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: francois on June 13, 2016, 05:55:48 am
Great shot with amazing geometric pattern and, on top of that, a very sweet light!
Bravo
Title: Re: Hoi An Vietnam
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 14, 2016, 04:13:10 am
Very good.