Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 08, 2016, 09:50:41 am

Title: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 08, 2016, 09:50:41 am
Having to dedicate all my attention to the group, it's not easy to find the time to work while teaching a Workshop; this year on Skye I could make 3-4 images. This is one of them: The Stormy Old Man of Storr, with the Leica SL and the Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SL_00150_FM.jpg)

Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: stamper on June 08, 2016, 10:17:12 am
Very, very nice and you should be happy with the processing.
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: francois on June 08, 2016, 11:24:30 am
Process is spot-on and the sky simply fantastic. Excellent contrast between the "moving" clouds and the solid rock formations.
Bravo!
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 08, 2016, 12:41:09 pm
Another stunner.
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 09, 2016, 03:55:53 am
Very good indeed. Magnificent sky!

How long was the exposure? I'm just curious.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 09, 2016, 04:24:52 am
Great stuff.
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: Bob_B on June 09, 2016, 09:11:19 am
+1, no make that +2.
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: kencameron on June 09, 2016, 11:15:04 pm
It is certainly a striking shot, beautifully composed and processed. I found myself wondering, though, what it would have looked like with a more conventional cloudy sky, and whether I would have preferred it that way.
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: John Koerner on June 10, 2016, 11:31:46 pm
Epic
Title: Re: The Stormy Old Man of Storr
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on June 11, 2016, 11:32:46 am
Thank you very much everyone, I am glad you enjoyed it!  :D

Very good indeed. Magnificent sky!

How long was the exposure? I'm just curious.

Jeremy

Jeremy, this was a relatively short pose of 15 seconds.

It is certainly a striking shot, beautifully composed and processed. I found myself wondering, though, what it would have looked like with a more conventional cloudy sky, and whether I would have preferred it that way.

Ken, to my taste it would have looked much less dynamic and therefore more boring, this is why I decided to go for some motion. Of course, I appreciate it that everyone's taste is different  :D

Thanks again everyone, best

Vieri