Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: John Koerner on June 07, 2016, 12:14:09 am

Title: Mountain Butterfly
Post by: John Koerner on June 07, 2016, 12:14:09 am
Nature is fun, but frustrating ;D

Found a "lifer" yesterday ... first time I had ever seen a Brown Elfin Butterfly (http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/image_tree.php?tsn=188501) (positively ID'd by Ken Davenport of BAMONA (http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org)).

Unfortunately, this specimen was found during the harshest light possible, and it was quite windy.

Not proud of any of these images, per se, but I was delighted with the opportunity.

I did the best I could do dealing with the wind and trying not to get "that yellow cast" of mid-day photography.

(http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/thumbnails/1/1_thumb_0000001430_medium.jpg)

(http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/thumbnails/1/1_thumb_0000001436_medium.jpg)

(http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/thumbnails/1/1_thumb_0000001432_medium.jpg)

I am going to go back to this location and see if I can find an un-damaged specimen this weekend.

These images were obtained with all-manual lenses, vintage lenses over 20 years old.

For complete Encounter Info (including a video of the terrain) click here (http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/image_encounter_view.php?encounter_id=88).

(Landscape photos taken with a 30-year old, mint Nikon 15mm f/3.5 Ai-S (http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/ultrawides/15mm.htm) I just had shipped to me from Japan :D)

Thanks for looking,

Jack
Title: Re: Mountain Butterfly
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 07, 2016, 03:50:02 am
Interesting images.