Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on June 06, 2016, 08:27:11 pm

Title: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: maddogmurph on June 06, 2016, 08:27:11 pm
The crazy thing about this photograph is how different just tweaking the warm/cool is and adding a bit of masking over the city lights to keep their color temperature the same... I cannot for the life of me decide which is better, and I'm nearly of mind to just post both edits... let the people who'd be interested in them decide which color they like better.

Which do you prefer?

-Maddog

Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: James Clark on June 06, 2016, 10:01:08 pm
I prefer the cool version.  Nice take on a popular location in any case, though.
Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: sierraman on June 06, 2016, 11:33:29 pm
I prefer the cool version.  Nice take on a popular location in any case, though.

I would agree. #1 for me.  :)
Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 06, 2016, 11:50:07 pm
#1 for me too. But it's hard to say exactly why.
Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: stamper on June 07, 2016, 03:50:46 am
The warmth preferably. More like a glowing sunset.
Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 07, 2016, 03:51:34 am
#1 for me, at that time of the day, there should be some purple and blue.
Title: Re: Twilight Cool? Warm Dark? Warm Light?
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 07, 2016, 12:57:32 pm
#1 for me, at that time of the day, there should be some purple and blue.

+1

Thierry