Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PIsaacs on June 03, 2016, 06:23:44 pm
-
I want to profile a 5" x 7" paper. Xrite wants you to do profiles on 8.5" x 11" paper. Will trying to profile on the 5x7 just not work with the much smaller color patches, or is just not going to work 100% and they are being cautious?
-
I want to profile a 5" x 7" paper. Xrite wants you to do profiles on 8.5" x 11" paper. Will trying to profile on the 5x7 just not work with the much smaller color patches, or is just not going to work 100% and they are being cautious?
Not likely to work IF the patch sizes are smaller. But same size, spread on more but smaller paper? It should. There probably is some fudge factor in the patches being a bit smaller. But not much.
-
Hmm. Maybe I could tape a few sheets together. don't know if that is a risk fouling up the printer, a P800.
-
Hmm. Maybe I could tape a few sheets together. don't know if that is a risk fouling up the printer, a P800.
Excellent idea! That should work.
-
Thanks for your help!
-
Look at using Argyll CMS. I've had excellent results following (and modifying) the steps from http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/photography/argyll-print.html.
The ColorMunki can read smaller patch sizes, even using the chevron shaped patches. You will probably want to use a guide to ensure the device doesn't drift however.