Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 02, 2016, 08:03:29 pm

Title: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: RSL on June 02, 2016, 08:03:29 pm
.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: Zorki5 on June 02, 2016, 10:19:18 pm
You just played a trick on me, you know?  :D

I was opening your post fully expecting to see Sir Stirling Moss driving a Sunbeam, and wondering how you managed to get so lucky to get the shot!

From Wikipedia article on Stirling Moss (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_Moss#1948.E2.80.931954):

Quote
He finished second in the 1952 Monte Carlo Rally driving a Sunbeam-Talbot 90 with Desmond Scannell and Autocar magazine editor John Cooper as co-drivers.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: David Eckels on June 02, 2016, 11:49:05 pm
I like that, Russ. Do you understand the source of the diagonals in the bkg? Just curious.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: Rob C on June 03, 2016, 04:55:47 am
I like that, Russ. Do you understand the source of the diagonals in the bkg? Just curious.

Southern Soul Baptist Band.

Cross-rhythms of the deep south, David. An America thing.

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: stamper on June 03, 2016, 08:11:11 am
Love the sharpness.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: RSL on June 03, 2016, 08:11:46 am
I like that, Russ. Do you understand the source of the diagonals in the bkg? Just curious.

Hi David, There's a fence back there with diagonal strips on it. I was using an f/4 lens. If I'd been able to go down to f/2.8 the fence probably would have disappeared entirely.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: David Eckels on June 03, 2016, 07:27:54 pm
Russ: Ah yes, I can see it now. I think it does not detract. Almost look like sun rays... I guess in a way they are ;)

Rob: Thanks for the levity ;) Hadn't thought of that as a possible explanation!
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: graeme on June 03, 2016, 09:44:46 pm
Interesting.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: RSL on June 04, 2016, 09:27:48 am
Shot the moss day before yesterday. Walked by there this morning and it was gone. Reality is transient.
Title: Re: Moss in Sunbeam
Post by: Rob C on June 04, 2016, 10:19:10 am
Shot the moss day before yesterday. Walked by there this morning and it was gone. Reality is transient.

An Indian schoolgirl wrote in my autograph book (remember them?) as I was leaving that particular school forever: "the secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes."

I like to imagine, in retrospect, that I had been too backwards and shy as a boy. She was beautiful (as so many of them are); I often wonder what became of her. Somehow, I sense the roots of photography.

Rob C