Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Neilmac50 on June 02, 2016, 11:39:14 am

Title: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: Neilmac50 on June 02, 2016, 11:39:14 am
This is the beach of Dappat Se Gat in the Western Cape of South Africa, taken around sunset.

(http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/Neilmac48/_ADE0503-Edit-Edit_zps4wqx6smk.jpg) (http://s479.photobucket.com/user/Neilmac48/media/_ADE0503-Edit-Edit_zps4wqx6smk.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: MattBurt on June 02, 2016, 11:47:34 am
Wow, what great light on the mountains! Was the purple that strong in the clouds to your eyes? I might dial back the purple a tad but otherwise it's good and the location looks fabulous!
Nice shot!
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 02, 2016, 11:07:38 pm
Wow, what great light on the mountains!

+1. If it were mine I might crop out a bit of water to play up the main subject, colours.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: Tony Jay on June 03, 2016, 02:55:13 am
Ja boet, you are making me homesick!

Beautiful light and beautiful image!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: stamper on June 03, 2016, 03:30:15 am
I wouldn't alter anything. A lovely image. It should be printed big and hung on a prominent wall.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 03, 2016, 04:09:25 am
Wonderful. I might be tempted to crop just a little bit on the bottom, up to where the diagonal of the wave foam almost touches the frame.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: Chairman Bill on June 03, 2016, 04:35:10 am
I wouldn't crop a thing. Looks just great as it is.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: francois on June 03, 2016, 04:36:20 am
Beautiful as it is. I don't think that it would be improved with more PP.
Bravo
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: Bob_B on June 03, 2016, 08:24:19 am
I wouldn't crop a thing. Looks just great as it is.

+1: It's a keeper, don't change a thing
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: John Koerner on June 03, 2016, 07:42:13 pm
Me gusta.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: NancyP on June 03, 2016, 07:47:50 pm
Gosh, lovely.
Title: Re: Dappat Se Gat
Post by: luxborealis on June 03, 2016, 08:45:43 pm
Wonderful. I might be tempted to crop just a little bit on the bottom, up to where the diagonal of the wave foam almost touches the frame.

I agree as it would also eliminate that slight hump of a rock near the bottom middle. A slight increase in local contrast brought by increased "Clarity" (if you're using LR/ACR) might just provide a little more "edge" to the dramatic mountains.

Beautiful light!