Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on June 02, 2016, 12:49:41 am

Title: Space Fantasy
Post by: BobDavid on June 02, 2016, 12:49:41 am
I found the original file on a hard drive today. I decided to finesse it. Sometimes it takes a year or longer to finish a picture.
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 02, 2016, 03:57:21 am
Maybe I'm unimaginative, but I can't avoid the feeling that it would be better (very good, in fact) without the red streak.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: BobDavid on June 02, 2016, 08:28:22 am
Maybe I'm unimaginative, but I can't avoid the feeling that it would be better (very good, in fact) without the red streak.

Jeremy

Some folks are bothered by it, some are intrigued. I'm somewhat neutral. People who "get it" love it. The streak is the trail of an airplane.
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: degrub on June 02, 2016, 01:04:48 pm
R^2=.9999 on that correlation ;)
Nice shot.
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: Telecaster on June 02, 2016, 03:46:54 pm
The red streak reminds me of a trendline in a statistical chart, especially with those "datapoints" attached to it.  :)

-Dave-
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 02, 2016, 05:02:54 pm
Some folks are bothered by it, some are intrigued. I'm somewhat neutral. People who "get it" love it. The streak is the trail of an airplane.

Yes, I guessed what it was. I still think the photo would be better without it.

What is there to "get"? That's a serious question, since there's something I clearly don't see.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: John R on June 02, 2016, 06:16:23 pm
I really like this composite. But the red lines, though understood, do look out of place, as if someone was drawing a line from one star to another.

JR
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: BobDavid on June 02, 2016, 07:34:25 pm
Yes, I guessed what it was. I still think the photo would be better without it.

What is there to "get"? That's a serious question, since there's something I clearly don't see.

Jeremy

Some don't realize it's an airplane. There's nothing else to "get."
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 04, 2016, 11:38:41 am
Some don't realize it's an airplane. There's nothing else to "get."

That's a relief.

What on earth do those who don't realise it's an aeroplane think it is?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Space Fantasy
Post by: BobDavid on June 04, 2016, 01:00:17 pm
That's a relief.

What on earth do those who don't realise it's an aeroplane think it is?

Jeremy

It's obvious to anyone whose set a camera on a tripod and opened the shutter for a few seconds or longer. As for non-photographers, it is hit or miss in re whether they know it's a plane or not. ... At first, I was taken aback when people asked me about the red streak.