Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on June 01, 2016, 08:36:09 pm

Title: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: luxborealis on June 01, 2016, 08:36:09 pm
A beautiful drive home tonight...

C&C welcome.. Do you think it's worth a print?

FZ1000 50mm (equiv), ƒ5.6 @ 1/100, ISO125, EV–2-⅔ w/Polarizing filter
Title: Re: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 02, 2016, 02:56:41 am
A beautiful drive home tonight...

C&C welcome.. Do you think it's worth a print?


For me the print needs to be large, poster size.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 02, 2016, 04:20:05 am
I like it, good representation of "Spring".
Title: Re: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 02, 2016, 11:09:48 pm
I like it, good representation of "Spring".

Yes, really fresh. Some of your other images have stronger graphical elements imho.
Title: Re: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: luxborealis on June 03, 2016, 08:47:43 pm
Yes, really fresh. Some of your other images have stronger graphical elements imho.

I couldn't put my finger on why I felt I had to "ask" about this image. I felt it had potential, but as it is so different from what I usually do, I felt less confident with it.

I'll go ahead and print it and luve with it awhile.
Title: Re: Creekside, Spring Evening
Post by: John Koerner on June 06, 2016, 10:07:48 pm
I couldn't put my finger on why I felt I had to "ask" about this image. I felt it had potential, but as it is so different from what I usually do, I felt less confident with it.

I'll go ahead and print it and luve with it awhile.

I think you had to ask because your image didn't transfer as well as the moment itself did in real time.

Some moments "to the eye" are stunning and memorable," but they don't transfer to camera as well.

(By contrast, what others sometimes walk passed and ignore a photographer can "see something" in and take a great image of the ordinary.)

In this case, the scenery doubtless was beautiful as you drove by, but the lighting was terrible for a photograph (too much shades, too many highlights IMO).

This is why photographs in the middle of the day seldom make good photographs, they just have too many extremes of light/dark.

The upper left (and bottom) of your image are too yellow/too bright. Meanwhile the middle is too dark.

Only the flowers are pretty, but it's not enough to save the image IMO ... because the same thing is happening with them (some too dark, some too light).

More even lighting (say in the early morning) might have made the image print-worthy.