Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: PeterAit on June 01, 2016, 10:49:29 am

Title: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: PeterAit on June 01, 2016, 10:49:29 am
I have never thought about this before. Does it have to be in checked luggage?
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: Colorado David on June 01, 2016, 11:29:50 am
Mine has always been cased and checked. It's in a case with light stands and various other stuff.
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 01, 2016, 12:18:21 pm
I carry it on, never had a problem.
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 01, 2016, 12:36:40 pm
It fits inside my carry-on backpack.
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: MattBurt on June 01, 2016, 12:46:22 pm
I've had my travel tripod in carry-on and my bigger carbon 190cx in my checked bag quite a bit and never had a problem with either.
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: pearlstreet on June 01, 2016, 01:15:37 pm
I carry it on, never had a problem.

Scott, do you have it in a bag or just the tripod?

Thanks,

Sharon
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: davidgp on June 01, 2016, 02:11:39 pm
My big Gitzo always go in the checked in baggage... I remove the ball head that goes in my carry-on backpack


http://dgpfotografia.com
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: Stan Bax on June 01, 2016, 05:46:23 pm
I fly a lot between Europe and the US on various projects . Light: A feisol 3442 attached to carry on Kata backpack, head inside. Full size: Velbon Sherpa 630 inside checked bag.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: How does one take a tripod on a flight?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 01, 2016, 11:22:57 pm
Scott, do you have it in a bag or just the tripod?
It's a Gitzo Traveller. It fits in my carry-on 40-l daypack, along with much else.