Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: algrove on May 31, 2016, 10:58:33 pm
-
On the Phase One website related to Capture Pilot it mentions you must pay $14.99 for the Wi-fi app for iPhone and also then in details on installation it mentions that only IQ2 backs can geotag info to images.
First when one pays around $75k for a PO IQ3 100MP system with 5-6 lenses, it sure leaves a bad taste in one's mouth to have to pay for what most modern camera manufacturers include with the camera- a GPS. Since cable releases are not yet available and GPS is useful to this landfscape photographer why not let IQ3 users take advantage of this feature and ASLO why make them pay additionally for Capture Pilot usage.
Sure seems short sighted of O to handle this item in this manner.
Am I wrong?
-
I can not speak to the GPS issue but Capture Pilot works fine on the IQ 100. I am running it on both iPhone and iPad and it is no charge. Same app that's always been there as far as I know. Allows review of both Live View ( CMOS ) and review of images taken.
Camera controls work fine at least with the XF.
You can also trigger the camera from the backs LCD with the same camera controls which I use all the time in the field.
Edit. The wifi has improved dramatically from the days of my IQ 260. But the app and retina issues are still there. Also my 2 year old iPad zooms in and out much much faster than my IPhone 6 which takes way to long for the image to form enough to check focus.
Paul C
-
The charge only applies to controlling 3rd party cameras.
All other functions are free.
-
Thanks for those replies. Do not know why I am getting this $14.99 request, but then I do not have camera Wifi enabled when I have tried to access the app. That just put me off. Will try again and thanks. Remote firing is a plus as no release cables available for some time now.
-
Thanks for those replies. Do not know why I am getting this $14.99 request, but then I do not have camera Wifi enabled when I have tried to access the app. That just put me off. Will try again and thanks. Remote firing is a plus as no release cables available for some time now.
We have had the Phase One XF Release Cable (https://digitaltransitions.com/product/phase-one-xf-electronic-release-3-ft-cable/) in stock for a while now.
-
Thanks. Got one from your LA store.
-
Thanks. Got one from your LA store.
Did you have Ken make you an offer? That guy is a whiz with beans.
-
Called LA store, but believe I got the NY store where Jeff helped me.