Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on May 31, 2016, 12:50:46 am

Title: Does one have more "emotion"?
Post by: Todd Suttles on May 31, 2016, 12:50:46 am
Just wondering if one of these images conveys the race track / event as having a stronger pull on the kid, to you?
Title: Re: Does one have more "emotion"?
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 31, 2016, 12:55:55 am
The bottom one has him looking at something I can't see, and that makes it appear that he's more interested than he is in the first one
Title: Re: Does one have more "emotion"?
Post by: pw-pix on May 31, 2016, 05:42:10 am
The first image shows more connection between the person looking through the fence and the car on the track.
Title: Re: Does one have more "emotion"?
Post by: Otto Phocus on May 31, 2016, 06:57:40 am
Just wondering if one of these images conveys the race track / event as having a stronger pull on the kid, to you?

I don't know if "emotion" is the term I would use.  But I find the first picture more interesting.  There is a connection between the model and the car and therefore a connection to me as the viewer.

The second picture separates me from the model as I am "seeing" something the model is not focusing on.
Title: Re: Does one have more "emotion"?
Post by: luxborealis on May 31, 2016, 08:12:16 pm
I don't know if "emotion" is the term I would use.  But I find the first picture more interesting.  There is a connection between the model and the car and therefore a connection to me as the viewer.

The second picture separates me from the model as I am "seeing" something the model is not focusing on.

Agreed