Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on May 29, 2016, 08:14:49 am

Title: Bar
Post by: seamus finn on May 29, 2016, 08:14:49 am

Masia Bar, Barcelona.

Title: Re: Bar
Post by: Rob C on May 29, 2016, 08:29:41 am
Who needs Martin Parr when you can do it so much better and without acid?

Great observation - as per your norm.

Rob C
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: RSL on May 29, 2016, 09:03:26 am
Looks as if the guy in the chair is gonna need a ride home. Great grab, Seamus.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2016, 09:14:00 am
This great shot would almost work in B&W, too.
But it needs color just for her hair.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 29, 2016, 09:28:45 am
To echo what the others have said - outstanding.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: seamus finn on May 29, 2016, 10:40:29 am
It's all about the red hair. You couldn't make the scene up - the human condition at work. Thanks all for your kind comments. 

I downloaded Windows 10 the other day and am struggling to get used to the new environment, so if future postings go astray, bear with me.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: stamper on May 30, 2016, 04:07:49 am
This definitely different and the colour is spot on. An image to look at more than once.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: Rob C on May 30, 2016, 04:26:08 am
It's all about the red hair. You couldn't make the scene up - the human condition at work. Thanks all for your kind comments. 

I downloaded Windows 10 the other day and am struggling to get used to the new environment, so if future postings go astray, bear with me.

I have resisted the W 10 blandishments so far - probably always will. I lost enough compatibility with my computer/photographic set-up when the new (then) computer arrived, boasting W 8.1. I simply couldn't do anything with it. I eventually discovered a download called something like 'classic shell' which made the interface look more like XP and Vista, with which I was familiar.

It's not just cameras that are becoming screwed up in tech. just to market new versions. Bugger 'em all.

There's a saying, advice, that goes: don't give away anything you can sell. That W 10 is being offered free must mean that it truly sucks or, worse, is but a plot to ensnare so many future dependents that the market will be cornered. Hmmm... free... a bit like some 'modern' stock agencies, then: destroy and destroy in the hope that you'll be the last man standing and will then find yourself able to dictate your terms to the world.
Title: Re: Bar
Post by: seamus finn on May 30, 2016, 05:59:28 am
Rob,

As far as I know, we'll have to pay for Windows 10 after July. Check it out for those interested.