Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Redcrown on May 27, 2016, 03:00:14 am
-
In the past 2 weeks I have received 7 invites or notices of social events. Six of the 7 were retracted and revised due to error. Four of the 6 errors were a mis-match of day and date. The other 2 errors had days and dates that matched, but they were just the wrong day.
All of these invites were made via e-mail or Facebook by experienced, well paid, college educated professionals, 35 to 55 years old. They each have one or more smartphones, tablets, and laptops. I'm sure each of them uses some form of a "personal organizer" app. I suspect they also live in the cloud.
I can't remember what sage said it first, but there is definitely an inverse relationship between power and performance. I can remember it was my grandfather who said of his son, "He could %^# up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet."
-
"He could %^# up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet."
As the son of a self-educated mechanic, I adore the expression :)
-
The other thread here mentioned, briefly, the cause and effect in relation to global warming...
Pastafarians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster) argue that global warming was, in fact, caused by the shrinking of the number of pirates. And they have solid statistics behind their statement, just check the article that I linked ;)