Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: OutdoorsLover on May 24, 2016, 01:07:53 pm
-
Kevin/All,
I've been a huge fan of Michael's for many years, and just recently watched the LLVJ 16 California video series. I'd welcome the opportunity to see the images that Michael shot during that trip, as well as any of his other landscape work. (I know there are a couple slide shows in the series, but they're not the highest quality.) I've never had much luck in the past finding his work, and now that he's no longer with us, I'm even more interested in seeing work. If there are any sites that you could point me towards, I'd really appreciate it.
Best regards,
Jeff
-
A photo gallery would be great!
-
On the home page there is a gallery for the last 3 years of home page images by Michael. We also plan to do a founders page and may include the best of when we do that page. You can also buy Michael's book from the Endowment and have a huge collection of his work and at the same time help the endowment.
-
Kevin
Indeed very sad that Michael has died. He has left a great legacy not only in his photography but in the legions of photographers who have benefited from his teachings and practices, often when he advised putting the camera down, to absorb the environment. I consider myself very fortunate to have met him on the Antarctica trip in 2014. I know he was unwell then, but he never seemed to let any vicissitudes of life interfere with his goal of transmitting the joys of photography to those of like interests.
I have no doubt but that you and Chris will keep Michael's flag flying high for many years to come.
Regards to you and very special thanks to Michael
Sean
-
I highly recommend the book, it's one of the most beautiful books I've ever had my hands on, and will cherish it forever. Before getting my hands on the book, I had one small print I bought from him on sale that I look at everyday before I go to bed. It never gets old. It's a shot of an iceberg that he sold at a discount to help a friend raise money a while back.
The book is truly worth every penny!
-
Received my copy of the book about an hour ago. Thumbing through quickly, the first impression is terrific. A great way to obtain some of Michael's work, remember him and contribute to another part of his legacy, the endowment. As someone used to say, highly recommended!