Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Krug on May 23, 2016, 09:32:53 am

Title: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Krug on May 23, 2016, 09:32:53 am
Perhaps after a week or two replaying an interview by Michael as a "trailer" for a forthcoming piece would be acceptable but not just a couple of days after his death.
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Kevin Raber on May 23, 2016, 09:38:09 am
Sorry you feel that way but this was a piece we had worked on and we feel it is one more way you can remember how great Michael was with this style of interviews.
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: kers on May 23, 2016, 09:50:45 am
I completely agree with Kevin,

How to deal with someones death is different in many cultures; it is the intention that counts.
I very much like the intention here as i like the posting of Jeff Schewe about Michael in this respect; remember the man for what he was and for what he did.
Pieter Kers


Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: pearlstreet on May 23, 2016, 12:07:13 pm
I think it is wonderful to repost this interview. Thank you, Kevin.

Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 23, 2016, 12:59:58 pm
Perhaps after a week or two replaying an interview by Michael as a "trailer" for a forthcoming piece would be acceptable but not just a couple of days after his death.

Why? When actors die, it's very common for TV to show some of their best work. Why not show Michael doing something he was good at?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on May 23, 2016, 03:37:04 pm
Sorry, but I cannot find  any hint on bad taste on providing the video neither !

The moment you stop talking about Michael, or stop providing any material on him, he will pass away in complete and forever ! And, I very strongly believe that it would be Michael's wish to go on as usual as possible !

Robert
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on May 23, 2016, 04:08:53 pm
 I also liked seeing this interview, I've also been rematching some VJ DVD's. The Quattro Pro camera thing still tickles me!!

Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Rand47 on May 23, 2016, 08:18:08 pm
Sorry you feel that way but this was a piece we had worked on and we feel it is one more way you can remember how great Michael was with this style of interviews.

Right on, Kevin...

People we love live on through what they have left us.  Seeing Michael in this wonderful interview made my heart glad. 

Rand
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: paulbk on May 23, 2016, 08:26:50 pm
Henry Wilhelm Interview with Michael: Thanks Kevin. Wonderful to see Michael healthy, wealthy, and wise. Michael's soothing energy, calm and knowledgeable demeanor will always be a treat for me. And very impressed with Henry Wilhelm's depth of technical knowledge and willingness to teach and share information. Thanks again!
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: SteveB on May 29, 2016, 01:19:48 pm
Thanks Kevin for sharing this wonderful interview.  Michael has great style. 

Your post Mr Krug -- bad taste Sir. 
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: ErikKaffehr on May 30, 2016, 05:09:48 pm
Hi Kevin,

For me it is a way to keep the fond memories of Michael alive.

I never met Michael, but I think we exchanged a few mails. I always considered him to be a great guy.

Best regards
Erik

Sorry you feel that way but this was a piece we had worked on and we feel it is one more way you can remember how great Michael was with this style of interviews.
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Otto Phocus on May 31, 2016, 07:00:42 am

Your post Mr Krug -- bad taste Sir.

I think that last part was uncalled for.  All he was doing was what everyone else here is doing -- sharing an opinion.
Title: Re: Bad taste, Sir.
Post by: Zorki5 on May 31, 2016, 07:04:47 am
I think that last part was uncalled for.  All he was doing was what everyone else here is doing -- sharing an opinion.

Otto, arguably, that's what SteveB did as well (shared his opinion).

I wish this thread dies soon; would hate to bump it, only replying because it's currently at the top.