Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 22, 2016, 05:05:53 pm
-
?
Jeremy
-
You're drip-feeding us some wonderful results from your Iceland trip
-
The high contrast between the black sands and the white of the snow along with the warm light give a very pleasing representation of that place. The big rock formation in the foreground and the Vík stacks far away on the horizon are excellent elements to get the depth of the vista. Perfect timing for the waves.
Bravo, Jeremy.
-
Jeremy,
Sweet light on the near stack and the mountain (Reynisfjall) behind. It is possible to separate them from another vantage point and I wonder if you managed to get that as well. See attached screen grab of an unprocessed file.
-
You're drip-feeding us some wonderful results from your Iceland trip
Thanks, Bill: I'm drip-feeding myself as well. A busy time at work means that I'm still working my way through the photos I took when I was there, nearly three months ago. It's really rather enjoyable!
Sweet light on the near stack and the mountain (Reynisfjall) behind. It is possible to separate them from another vantage point and I wonder if you managed to get that as well. See attached screen grab of an unprocessed file.
Rajan, I did get a shot from somewhere near where you were standing. Sadly, I didn't take it until about 20 minutes after this one and by then there was no longer any direct light on the main stack. I'll see what I can make of it, though.
Jeremy
-
A little more contrasty than your usual offerings but variety is the spice of life. I like it.