Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 22, 2016, 12:45:50 pm

Title: birds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 22, 2016, 12:45:50 pm
I posted a shot of one of these birds a while ago and someone did identify the species, but I can't remember what it was. I thought the lineup was amusing.

Jeremy
Title: Re: birds
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on May 22, 2016, 01:28:32 pm
 Hi Jeremy, if it wasn't for what looks like some red tail feathers in there I'd say Grackles or Starlings


 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: birds
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 22, 2016, 05:11:53 pm
The city in the background is Sydney. I don't know if that helps.

Jeremy
Title: Re: birds
Post by: degrub on May 22, 2016, 07:51:40 pm
Perhaps a red taild black cockatoo ?
Title: Re: birds
Post by: Tony Jay on May 22, 2016, 09:23:21 pm
These birds are almost certainly Glossy Black Cockatoo's.
They are close relatives of Red-tailed Black Cockatoo's however this species is not found as far south as Sydney.
The most prominent bird in the image is a female - distinguished by the yellow-brown spots across the back.

Tony Jay