Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on May 20, 2016, 06:33:21 pm

Title: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: John Hollenberg on May 20, 2016, 06:33:21 pm
Some of us may want to contribute a small amount in Michaels memory without expecting anything in return.  Why isn't there an option to donate a random amount on a one time basis?
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Kevin Raber on May 20, 2016, 07:16:40 pm
You are right and we hope to do that.  As I suggested in my article if you'd like to donate a different amount small or large in his memory you can do so by mailing a check with a not with your address etc.  We'll knowledge it for your records and I know Michael would appreciate it.  We will look into modifying the Endowment site but that it is not a quick fix.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: David Mantripp on May 27, 2016, 11:03:48 am
Another thing, maybe you might want into looking at mechanisms for encouraging European contributions ?  My own came to a sharp stop when I saw I would also be contributing $232.89 to FedEx for economy shipping....
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Kevin Raber on May 27, 2016, 01:01:38 pm
David, We are taking steps to try and find a distributor in Europe as well as Australia so we can lower shipping costs.   In addition as an update we should have other levels of contribution amounts on the site sometime this weekend.  Give us time to figure out some logitics and we will hopefully be able to offer Micahel's books in other countries at a much better rate.

Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on May 27, 2016, 04:30:58 pm
I have added the ability to donate either $25 or $50 (http://donations.luminous-endowment.org) to the Luminous Endowment. I can add other amounts if necessary but at this point I cannot add an open amount.

Chris
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Mike Normandeau on May 28, 2016, 03:49:00 pm
Hi Chris, thanks for adding the lower amounts. I just went to donate $25 and it showed a $29 shipping charge - just an FYI. 


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on May 28, 2016, 11:16:30 pm
New user + dumb sftw = mistakes.

My bad - apologies. I _think_ I have 'fixed' it since it now shows "Free shipping" Ugh!
Title: Re: Why are There Only Fixed Levels for Endowment Contributions?
Post by: Mike Normandeau on May 29, 2016, 07:52:26 pm
Hi Chris, just tried for the $25 and still showing $29 shipping.  Please let me know, thanks!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk