Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: chiek on May 17, 2016, 07:47:48 am

Title: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on May 17, 2016, 07:47:48 am
 ;)
Prototype 002 almost done.

Youtube test video (https://youtu.be/TDCCoXop0oY)

Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: eronald on May 17, 2016, 12:19:13 pm
;)
Prototype 002 almost done.

Youtube test video (https://youtu.be/TDCCoXop0oY)

yes. with cmos a camera is just a handle for the lens mount and the back mount.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: marc aurel on May 17, 2016, 12:27:40 pm
Great work.
Your camera conversions are amazing.
Congratulations.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: EricWHiss on May 17, 2016, 12:37:36 pm
That is pretty cool!
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: Theodoros on May 17, 2016, 12:51:56 pm
That's cool Chiek... I wonder what the shutter is and how you set it.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on May 17, 2016, 09:18:31 pm
That's cool Chiek... I wonder what the shutter is and how you set it.

It has ILEX 3 shutter, smaller open size than copal 3 and larger than copal 1.
and It's press type shutter
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: Miyata610 on May 17, 2016, 11:09:41 pm
Very kool.

I have quite a few c/y Carl Zeiss lenses.... I'm wondering how large the image circle is for each and how much of my 37mm x 49mm digital back would be covered.

A very interesting project.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on May 18, 2016, 08:43:45 am
I have quite a few c/y Carl Zeiss lenses.... I'm wondering how large the image circle is for each and how much of my 37mm x 49mm digital back would be covered.

Hi,

Simple, just put the lens at infinity focus and (without lens caps) 'focus' by hand something bright on a piece of paper (maybe with an outline of the sensor dimensions), and measure.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on May 19, 2016, 09:11:16 am
Very kool.

I have quite a few c/y Carl Zeiss lenses.... I'm wondering how large the image circle is for each and how much of my 37mm x 49mm digital back would be covered.

A very interesting project.
Planar 85/1.4 can cover almost 49x37, I tested a long time ago when i had p45+, approx 48x36?
And corner sharpness was good to use.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: henrikfoto on May 20, 2016, 12:58:08 pm
Hi Chiek!

I like your camera. The only worry I have is the possible movements caused by the shutter.
Maybe the shutter can be released by a cable to reduce the movements?

Henrik
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on May 23, 2016, 04:11:01 am
The only worry I have is the possible movements caused by the shutter.
Maybe the shutter can be released by a cable to reduce the movements?

Sure, It has cable release hole.
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: henrikfoto on May 24, 2016, 02:49:42 am
Have you thought of any price for these cameras?

Henrik
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on May 25, 2016, 05:34:18 am
Have you thought of any price for these cameras?

Henrik
I think its price, for photographer , will be under US$2K. US$1800? Any thoughts?
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: Joe Towner on June 22, 2016, 01:33:16 pm
I think its price, for photographer , will be under US$2K. US$1800? Any thoughts?

Make it compatible with the new X1D and you'll sell a lot.  Do one in EF, and a larger one for Mamiya 645 and you'll have a business.

Screw it - $2k, done where do I send my money?
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: chiek on June 22, 2016, 10:07:42 pm
Make it compatible with the new X1D and you'll sell a lot.  Do one in EF, and a larger one for Mamiya 645 and you'll have a business.

Screw it - $2k, done where do I send my money?
Yes, I will rap around black leather for retrostyle.  ;)
Do I going to kickstarter???  ;D
Title: Re: chiek TC (Travel Compact) camera 002
Post by: ndevlin on June 22, 2016, 11:01:38 pm
So cool! I love that you are making these. Please keep sharing.

- N.