Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Joe Towner on May 16, 2016, 10:43:22 pm

Title: Oversized print transport and storage?
Post by: Joe Towner on May 16, 2016, 10:43:22 pm
And when I say oversized, I mean 5' on the short edge.  Yes, they're huge, but I want to be able to show them off.  Framing/mounting them to anything static isn't an option (50" x 144", 62"x93", etc) so I'm looking for ideas.  Maybe a fabric setup with 2 layers between prints, and roll the whole thing around a 12" pvc?
Title: Re: Oversized print transport and storage?
Post by: digitaldog on May 17, 2016, 10:06:15 am
Maybe a fabric setup with 2 layers between prints, and roll the whole thing around a 12" pvc?
Big honking PVC with end caps (one you can easily remove). That's what my bud Mac Holbert told me he uses to ship huge prints.
Title: Re: Oversized print transport and storage?
Post by: Joe Towner on May 17, 2016, 11:34:41 am
Big honking PVC with end caps (one you can easily remove). That's what my bud Mac Holbert told me he uses to ship huge prints.
Absolutely for shipping, but I'm looking for a sane way to transport & show prints of a size that helps convey the quality and detail, so lots of unroll, show, roll back up.