Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on May 12, 2016, 03:08:40 pm
-
Comments?
Jeremy
-
I like it but I might like it more if there was a little more definition in the crashing wave. So maybe the shutter speed could have been a little faster but it's still a very nice shot. The light on the rocks is great and the line formed by the breaking wave works well too.
-
I like it a lot (colors & framing are really nice) but I'm with Matt regarding the timing of the wave.
-
Matt and Francois are probably right. But I can sympathize, reflecting on the difficulty of taking a half dozen shots at different shutter speeds of a single wave, in order to pick the best one.
My own reject folder has many waves at the wrong shutter speed, in my case usually too short and hand-held.
-
I think you have surpassed yourself with this image Jeremy. A fine image and nicely processed. Regarding the shutter speed then it was your vision and I think it should be respected. If you prefer it to be slower than anyone else then all the better. If we all took an image in the same way then there wouldn't be variance to enjoy.