Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: maxgruzen on May 12, 2016, 02:43:07 pm
-
Ive ordered a Sony rx1 II and need to upgrade from 4.3 to 6.3. When I purchase a Lightroom 6 upgrade will I get 6.3 or just 6? Been a while since I had a need to replace Lightroom 4. Thanks
-
Ive ordered a Sony rx1 II and need to upgrade from 4.3 to 6.3. When I purchase a Lightroom 6 upgrade will I get 6.3 or just 6? Been a while since I had a need to replace Lightroom 4. Thanks
If you purchase over the web (from Adobe), you should get the latest greatest version and even if not, you'll be able to upgrade via the web. If you ordered a DVD (do they even do that anymore?) who knows what version will be on it.
-
The disk will likely come with 6.0. After installing you can upgrade to 6.5.1 via the normal upgrade mechanism.
or
You can skip ahead and download 6.5.1 from here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html and enter your new 6.x serial number when prompted.
-
Thanks for the answers. Thats great. I haven't upgraded since they started the Cloud business, and I was afraid that if you bought a stand a lone version( not cloud) that you were not eligible for any future updates of that version.
-
Thanks for the answers. Thats great. I haven't upgraded since they started the Cloud business, and I was afraid that if you bought a stand a lone version( not cloud) that you were not eligible for any future updates of that version.
Hi,
By stand-alone version, do you mean the perpetual license version, or the subscription version? The former will not have the full set of features, but only some bugfixes and support for newer cameras when you update to the latest version. At least that was the policy the last time I looked.
Cheers,
Bart
-
I haven't upgraded since they started the Cloud business, and I was afraid that if you bought a stand a lone version( not cloud) that you were not eligible for any future updates of that version.
Updates yes; bug fixes, new camera support. New features? No. You have to subscribe for those.
-
Thanks Andrew, I've been perfectly happy with 4.3 but need 6.3 for the RX1R II. I just don't do enough photography anymore to justify the subscription. After 65 years its just a hobby for me now.
-
Rikki--thank you for that info on upgrading LR 6.0 which I have on a CD. I just did so successfully. I was in an online chat with Adobe about 2 weeks ago and was told that no upgrade was possible for my LR 6.0 and that my only choice was to use the CC.
-
That might be an Upgrade vs Update semantic.
Upgrade = 5>6
Update = 6.3>6.4
Not saying I agree with it but it may be a possible explanation…