Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: razvanalex on May 11, 2016, 12:58:06 am

Title: Is it exagerated?
Post by: razvanalex on May 11, 2016, 12:58:06 am
Dear Friends,

I do have a question that goes 360 around my head from time to time. Are the colors exagerated/shifted in my photographs? I will attach two examples and please feel free to share your opinions.

P.S. If this is not the right section of the forums, do tell me and I will ask a moderator to move it.

Thank you!

Raz
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: francois on May 11, 2016, 03:52:32 am
For me they are OK. Sure, the saturation is high but still credible. Unless you are looking for strict documentary images, you can play with different parameters to achieve results that please you and your "audience".
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 11, 2016, 09:16:34 am
I agree with Francois.
Sure, the saturation is high but still credible.
"Still credible" is the key for me. Nice.
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: stamper on May 11, 2016, 09:41:12 am
They appear to me to be fine images. The processing is perfectly valid.
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: Arlen on May 11, 2016, 10:30:46 am
I'm on board with the other opinions. Very nicely done.
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: EricV on May 11, 2016, 12:38:11 pm
If the intent is purely artistic, then your processing looks good.  But since you name the bird and flower, it seems there might be some attempt at realism.  If that is the case, I would stick to accurate colors.  I am sure the photos will still be quite fine.  When I shoot this sort of subject, I take an extra shot of a gray card for later white balancing.  Contrast and saturation are more subjective.
Title: Re: Is it exagerated?
Post by: MattBurt on May 12, 2016, 03:50:31 pm
Colors look believable to me. Good photos.