Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Patricia Sheley on May 09, 2016, 10:54:52 pm

Title: Sheathed Intent
Post by: Patricia Sheley on May 09, 2016, 10:54:52 pm

  ~
Title: Re: Sheathed Intent
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 09, 2016, 11:48:25 pm
Beautifully ominous.
Title: Re: Sheathed Intent
Post by: Rob C on May 10, 2016, 03:59:01 am
So much evil!

I had imagined it to be found only in civilization, but you have d¡scovered it photographically in nature, too.

Think I mentioned this some years ago, but my memory of a pee-stop along a forest-lined road in France, en route between Brive-la-Gaillard and Clermont Ferrand, resonates in my memory as one of life's more unpleasant moments or two. And I don't think I'd yet seen the Blair Witch Project or even knew of it.

Rob

P.S. Isn't it funny: when an image is interesting, nobody even thinks of things such as bokeh, C.A. and all the other mild(?) obsessions that some photographers can sometimnes find themselves wasting time agonizing about. So much bullshit theory filling volumes of space... It might well be "the economy, stupid," but it's also the "content, stupid!" that makes or breaks photographs.
Title: Re: Sheathed Intent
Post by: kencameron on May 10, 2016, 04:04:58 am
Nice. And the title.
Title: Re: Sheathed Intent
Post by: philaitman on May 10, 2016, 04:07:18 am
Ominous and menacing. I like it, although it works much when viewed large.

I don't know if it's an artifact of the B&W conversion or jpeg compression but I'm seeing some posterization around the white areas? That aside it's great :)