Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: callumalden on May 09, 2016, 06:49:27 am

Title: Stylus Pro Random Spotty Splatter Ink Drop: Fixed
Post by: callumalden on May 09, 2016, 06:49:27 am
Hello champs, I've got two rather elderly but wonderful Epson Stylus Pro's; 7600 and 9600. Just replaced the printhead on my '96 along with new dampers and flushing box. On both machines I have an identical 'spatter' / spray issue which is visible on the attached image. Bottom right of the image you will notice dark blue spots (in reality they're a mixture of all colours).

Can anyone identify this issue, which part is to blame. I'm thinking 'wiper' blade may need replacing but its one of those issues I can't seem to find the correct description of online. What do you make of it.

Thanks again wonderful people!

- Callum
Title: Re: Stylus Pro Random Spotty Splatter Ink Drop
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on May 09, 2016, 12:56:55 pm
The subject line suggests it is a feature not a flaw.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
Title: Re: Stylus Pro Random Spotty Splatter Ink Drop
Post by: callumalden on September 08, 2016, 09:17:02 am
I should conclude that replacing the Cleaner Head (below wiper) fixed this. Should anyone else come across this post in the future. The part is: 1230744 (also 1113691).