Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on May 07, 2016, 05:29:17 pm

Title: Horse's
Post by: RSL on May 07, 2016, 05:29:17 pm
Just ran across this oldie but goodie.
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2016, 05:34:08 pm
Nice.
It wouldn't be half as funny if she were just reading and not eating.
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 08, 2016, 06:24:04 am
I like it, but I'm wondering about the title. A horse's what? I'm trying to see the connection between the metal horse & the rest of the photo? Am I missing something?
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: stamper on May 08, 2016, 06:36:50 am
Bill I think you are making an ass of this?
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: BobDavid on May 08, 2016, 10:54:40 am
Chuckle. 1+
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 08, 2016, 04:44:43 pm
Bill I think you are making an ass of this?

:-)

Just horseing around, doing my bit to stirrup the emotions
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: GrahamBy on May 09, 2016, 06:26:44 am
 :)
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on May 09, 2016, 09:53:21 am
:-)

Just horseing around, doing my bit to stirrup the emotions

Well, you can lead a horse to the water, maybe even get him to drink, but then getting him to swim on his back is really something worth mentioning.


Anyway, it's an interesting image, I'm not sure about the cut-off head though.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: RSL on May 09, 2016, 10:45:34 am
Hi Bart, The head doesn't add anything to the composition. The picture isn't about a horse's head.
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on May 09, 2016, 11:02:49 am
Hi Bart, The head doesn't add anything to the composition. The picture isn't about a horse's head.

I know Russ, but since I do not know what was cut-off (it might have been a headless horse to begin with), I do not know if it would change the impact, any/much. That's all.

Maybe it dates back to my early days when I was taking my exams for the license of Professional Photographer, and I submitted one assignment with (delibrately) cut-off objects / props, except for the one main subject. It was hard to convince the examiner's committee ... (although in that case it was clear what was cut off).

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: RSL on May 09, 2016, 11:08:11 am
When it comes to fine art, Bart, committees always are difficult. Most of them resemble the part of the horse represented in this picture.
Title: Re: Horse's
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 09, 2016, 01:44:36 pm
The missing head is clearly a reference to possible organised criminal goings-on. It will probably end up in somebody's bed.