Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on May 05, 2016, 02:12:17 pm
-
I'm printing a B&W image (processed in LR) on BC's Lyve Canvas using the Advanced B&W mode on my Epson 9900. It was working perfectly last week when I printed a similar image on some Cold Press Natural. For some reason, I'm getting a slight warm, pinkish colour cast over the entire image. I've checked the driver (actually reinstalled it) and other settings but can't fathom why I'm getting this colour cast. In fact, I just tried printing it normally using the BC Lyve ICC profile and I'm getting the same result.
Any other suggestions to check out?
Printing from latest version of LR (CC) on a MacPro, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
-
You've checked that all nozzles are firing?
A setting for one paper doesn't necessarily transfer to another, you might need to futz around with the 'color wheel' setting in the ABW GUI.
You checked the print under differing illuminants in case OBA's are a factor?
-
I just thought of checking the nozzles and yes, my LC was out. Cleaning it now and will try again shortly. However, I thought that the Advanced B&W mode only used the black inks, MK, LLK, LK, or am I mistaken. It happened in either mode.
Took a power cleaning to get my LC back, but it worked. Thanks Andrew
-
However, I thought that the Advanced B&W mode only used the black inks, MK, LLK, LK, or am I mistaken.
ABW mode can use LC & LM detention on the settings. It can also use Y but only if you have a really heavy warm tone. The reason by the colors are used is by itself the carbon black inks are very very warm by themselves hence needing LC to get a neutral print.