Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on May 04, 2016, 10:09:02 am

Title: TRUMP
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 04, 2016, 10:09:02 am
At sunrise today in Las Vegas. More here. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/05/04/trump/)

Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: petermfiore on May 04, 2016, 10:13:09 am
The Golden Boy???

Peter
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 04, 2016, 10:15:59 am
Here in the UK, 'to trump' refers to the ejection of noxious bodily gases. Just sayin'. :-)
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 04, 2016, 11:21:00 am
Standing erect and mighty ;)
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Rob C on May 04, 2016, 11:34:42 am
Here in the UK, 'to trump' refers to the ejection of noxious bodily gases. Just sayin'. :-)

Never knew that one; must have been away too long!

I didn't like the Trump effect re. golf courses in Scotland and attempts to force owners off land they didn't want to sell; however, I have no problem with the concept of walls: I'd build some here too, every summer, if I could! Exactly in the same way that I'd ban hire-cars and bloody Lycramen and Lycrawomen - well, maybe not the latter. But their bloody bikes, yes. A thousand times yes. They are worse this year than ever before. Somebody is going to get killed, and the car driver will be crucified. Inevitable: bikes bring in money and nothing else counts in the twinned worlds of travel and the lowest common denominator of tourism.

Rob
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 04, 2016, 11:53:43 am
Thanks, Rajan. Now I see where his hair style comes from.
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: muntanela on May 04, 2016, 03:54:03 pm
Here in the UK, 'to trump' refers to the ejection of noxious bodily gases. Just sayin'. :-)

Very interesting, Nomen est omen.
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 04, 2016, 05:40:40 pm
Never knew that one; must have been away too long!

My grandfather used the term, so less about being away too long, and more a matter of not being old enough :-)
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 04, 2016, 06:03:07 pm
... a matter of not being old enough :-)

Now, that is going to make Rob's day!  :)
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: stamper on May 05, 2016, 03:40:59 am
About as big as his ego?
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Rob C on May 05, 2016, 04:10:21 am
About as big as his ego?


Comparative superlatives?

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: TRUMP
Post by: Rob C on May 05, 2016, 04:28:55 am
Now, that is going to make Rob's day!  :)


Too late, Slobodan: the day's already been made. I got up early(ish) in order to get myself down to Palma to see the watch off on its way to its holiday in Geneva (therapy: it's not been feeling itself of late; a bit sluggish...) when I glanced at the calendar: it would appear to be L'Ascensió (marked in red) and so there may be a good chance of parking difficulties and even a closed shop (down, stamper, not that sort) which would mean a pointless hour spent getting there, followed by as dreary another returning home. So I decided to think about it tomorrow instead! There are benefits to retirement after all.

Rob