Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Benny Profane on May 02, 2016, 07:44:42 pm

Title: New Epson printers question
Post by: Benny Profane on May 02, 2016, 07:44:42 pm
I'm happy to hear the P800 uses a similar (same?) head as the ever reliable 3880. Do the new larger format 24 and 44 inch printers also use this head?
Title: Re: New Epson printers question
Post by: Schewe on May 02, 2016, 11:32:41 pm
There are too many new printer versions to give a reasonable response to your question but, I suspect no. The 3800/3880/P800 head is somewhat unique so the other heads are not the same...the P800 is an 180PPI/inch head while the 24/44 heads are 360PPI/inch.
Title: Re: New Epson printers question
Post by: Benny Profane on May 03, 2016, 10:17:16 am
Thanks. Sounds like the most reliable printer out there for my not everyday needs. Must resist that Canon deal a few threads up or down. At least I can carry this thing around much easier. And the roll paper functionality pretty much seals the deal.
Title: Re: New Epson printers question
Post by: One Frame at a Time on May 03, 2016, 03:33:20 pm
FWIW, I just got back from a long trip and fired up the 3880 after it sat unused for over 7 months.  Printed 2 perfect nozzle checks without any manual cleanings. I have had it sit unused - anywhere from 4 to 6 months every year since I got it.   Wish they all worked like this.  I'd buy a 24 inch model tomorrow!