Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: uintaangler on May 01, 2016, 05:03:55 pm

Title: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: uintaangler on May 01, 2016, 05:03:55 pm
I have been very happy with Matcutters, after they were recommended to me right on this Board.
Now I have a need that isn't quite up their alley
I need 10 Custom Archival quality mats, and each of them would be cut to a different size
Their website doesn't really accommodate this type of request and even if they did, the price will be too high
Can anybody recommend another place online that could help me?
Thanks.
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: BobShaw on May 01, 2016, 05:08:00 pm
Well you can buy them from me at AspirationImages.com
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: jrsforums on May 01, 2016, 06:02:54 pm
http://www.framedestination.com
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: PeterAit on May 01, 2016, 06:16:35 pm
I have been very happy with Matcutters, after they were recommended to me right on this Board.
Now I have a need that isn't quite up their alley
I need 10 Custom Archival quality mats, and each of them would be cut to a different size
Their website doesn't really accommodate this type of request and even if they did, the price will be too high
Can anybody recommend another place online that could help me?
Thanks.

Buy a mat cutter. They are not hard to use, at least the good ones, and you can get exactly what you want and save a ton of moolah. I do mostly canvas now, but a couple of years ago I was putting together a show of about 30 matted and framed prints and by buying a mat cutter and full-size boards I estimate that I saved enough, compared with custom cut mats, to pay for the mat cutter twice over.
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: HSakols on May 01, 2016, 07:11:59 pm
I have used http://www.framedestination.com and have been quite happy.  I usually just buy sheets and cut the windows myself, but I have bought a few pre cut matts that I needed quickly.  I'd love to have a wall mounted unit that is always ready to use. 
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: rdonson on May 02, 2016, 06:56:45 am
I've used Frame Destination for years and I've been very satisfied with their products and services.  I buy mounting, mats, glazing and frames from them, often together as a package for a specific size print.
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on May 02, 2016, 08:27:43 am
I can recommend frame destination as well.  Excellent service and quick shipping.
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: uintaangler on May 02, 2016, 08:58:55 am
Frame Destination it is!
Thanks to all for the responses.
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: framah on May 03, 2016, 11:30:21 am
As a reply to Hugh Sakois.. take a look at the Esterly mat cutter.
There's one up on eBay right now for $899.
http://www.speed-mat.com (http://www.speed-mat.com)

This is a wall mounted cutter that also sizes  foamcore, and glass and has the capability to make double mats as well.

As for the OP, the best bet is to just go to a local framer who can cut anything you will ever need.
Yes, at some point, you need to bite the bullet and buy your own mat cutter.

Of course, you could go all the way and buy a computer controlled mat cutter for a mere $20,000 or so!! :o
Title: Re: Where to purchase pre-cut custom mats - all different sizes
Post by: Photopro888 on May 03, 2016, 06:09:46 pm
I have used frame destination and they are good but, I have been using this company www.matboardandmore.com for some time now with great results. There web site allows for many customs sizing options!

-Darren