Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mjollnir on May 01, 2016, 12:11:28 pm

Title: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Mjollnir on May 01, 2016, 12:11:28 pm
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1552/26685160271_2267dc8cba_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/GE5qsc)Passage way, Hollywood, Mid morning (https://flic.kr/p/GE5qsc) by tanngrisnir3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/87368247@N00/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: graeme on May 02, 2016, 07:47:50 am
Great work. I could really live with this as a print.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: RSL on May 02, 2016, 08:28:15 am
+1
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 02, 2016, 08:36:50 am
+2.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 02, 2016, 08:54:21 am
Аs I said, beautiful. And we'll seen, of course. Even Rohtko-esque.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Bob_B on May 02, 2016, 10:13:20 am
Striking! The palette is wonderful and suits the composition nicely. I agree about a resemblance to some of Mark Rothko's paintings.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: GrahamBy on May 02, 2016, 02:10:45 pm
Love it :)
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 02, 2016, 03:28:01 pm
Аs I said, beautiful. And we'll seen, of course. Even Rohtko-esque.
Yes, Rothko-esque, now that you mention it.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Mjollnir on May 03, 2016, 10:00:51 am
Thanks, everyone!

I'm embarrassed to admit I had to Google Rothko, and it turns out he's one of my wife's favorite artists and we have books about his work all over the house.

* facepalm *
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: RSL on May 03, 2016, 10:09:56 am
Well, look at it this way Mjo, at least now you know. Just got up from ROTFL.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Rob C on May 03, 2016, 10:15:45 am
Thanks, everyone!

I'm embarrassed to admit I had to Google Rothko, and it turns out he's one of my wife's favorite artists and we have books about his work all over the house.

* facepalm *

I think many people would like to google Rothko...

Rob C
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: Mjollnir on May 03, 2016, 11:48:45 am
Well, look at it this way Mjo, at least now you know. Just got up from ROTFL.

Indeed.  After she pointed out the three GIGANTIC Rothko books we have in the living room, the ones I'd just blithely looked past for years, I feel even dumberer.
Title: Re: Hollywood passageway, noon
Post by: RSL on May 03, 2016, 11:55:39 am
It's a whole new area of interest into which you can expand.