Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: thierrylegros396 on April 27, 2016, 11:14:19 am
-
Sometimes I see rendering intents comparison on websites.
Is there any way to print on the same page 4x the same image with the 4 rendering intents?
I use Photshop CS5 and Lightroom 6.5.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
-
Maybe there is through image print, but what i typically do is feed the same sheet of paper through the printer 4 times and just move the image in a grid inside of photoshop. That way you can experiment with different settings on one sheet.
-
Sometimes I see rendering intents comparison on websites.
Is there any way to print on the same page 4x the same image with the 4 rendering intents?
I use Photshop CS5 and Lightroom 6.5.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
It is easy in one printrun with Qimage Ultimate on Windows. I can think of an elaborate process to fool Photoshop + the OS to do the same in one printrun. Not worth the excercise compared to feeding 4× the sheet.
Ernst, op de lei getypt.
-
I agree with Ernst, in photoshop would be a little time consuming and far easier to just print 4 prints.
I think you could convert the original image colors in Photoshop to the output space/rendering intent for each choice, save those into 4 separate files, then gang those 4 files together into a single document (with no color management), then send that file to the printer with no color management (probably have to use Adobe Color Printer Utility for that).
-
I agree with Ernst, in photoshop would be a little time consuming and far easier to just print 4 prints or sending it through the printer 4 times as mentioned.
I think you could convert the original image colors in Photoshop to the output space/rendering intent for each choice, save those into 4 separate files, then gang those 4 files together into a single document (with no color management), then send that file to the printer with no color management (probably have to use Adobe Color Printer Utility for that).
-
I agree with Ernst, in photoshop would be a little time consuming and far easier to just print 4 prints.
I think you could convert the original image colors in Photoshop to the output space/rendering intent for each choice, save those into 4 separate files, then gang those 4 files together into a single document (with no color management), then send that file to the printer with no color management (probably have to use Adobe Color Printer Utility for that).
Good idea, thank you all.
Thierry
-
You can also set up several copies of an image on one sheet in Qimage, and you can have a different profile on each one. Easy to do and you can, as Ernst says, have the rendering intent of choice on each one.
Did I mention you can setup Qimage to do a squirt of each of your colors once a day, or whatever increment you like as well. Cost is very little and a demo is available.
Many users on Apple keep a Windows machine just for Qimage.
By the way, how do you embed an image in a post?
-
You can also set up several copies of an image on one sheet in Qimage, and you can have a different profile on each one. Easy to do and you can, as Ernst says, have the rendering intent of choice on each one.
Did I mention you can setup Qimage to do a squirt of each of your colors once a day, or whatever increment you like as well. Cost is very little and a demo is available.
Many users on Apple keep a Windows machine just for Qimage.
By the way, how do you embed an image in a post?
Thanks.
My PC is equiped with Win7, so no problem with Qimage.
But I've tested with Wayne's method and it works well.
For printing, I've used my favorite viewer, XnView which allows me to print with or without profile.
It's also a very good viewer for color's quality.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry