Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 07:36:31 am

Title: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 07:36:31 am
I'm talking about this............ http://www.hasselblad.com/products/phocus-2-9-colour-calibration/

I'm Windows 10.

Thanks.

D.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: AlterEgo on April 27, 2016, 09:20:47 am
I'm talking about this............ http://www.hasselblad.com/products/phocus-2-9-colour-calibration/

I'm Windows 10.

Thanks.

D.

I guess this is where Phocus can work with raw files... so if you have a raw from a camera model that Phocus can work with on Windows platform then it shall work... otherwise the last time I checked Phocus can run on OSX that is run by something like VmWare on PC/Windows... but slow.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Frans Rutten on April 27, 2016, 09:37:50 am
No, it is not.
I have used it with Phocus 2.9.1 on a windows 10 machine.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 09:48:49 am
Thanks for the replies.

I am a little confused.

I have both 2.9.2 and 3.0 installed on my Windows 10 x64 computer.

I cannot see the tool in either version of the software.

Are you saying I should be able to see it in 2.9.2?

Thanks.

D.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: AlterEgo on April 27, 2016, 10:23:42 am
Thanks for the replies.

I am a little confused.

I have both 2.9.2 and 3.0 installed on my Windows 10 x64 computer.

I cannot see the tool in either version of the software.

Are you saying I should be able to see it in 2.9.2?

Thanks.

D.

the raw files in your case - what is the camera model ? can you otherwise work with those raw files in Phocus on Windows ?
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Frans Rutten on April 27, 2016, 11:25:59 am
You should be able to see it in 3.0. I know I do.
Just select any .FFF file, in the menu choose window, color calibrations...
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 12:18:12 pm
the raw files in your case - what is the camera model ? can you otherwise work with those raw files in Phocus on Windows ?

Camera model is H3Dll 39ms. Is that the problem?

Alternatively, I shoot almost exclusively multi-shot, capturing on location to a laptop loaded with Flexcolor.

I then process in Phocus 3.0 back at base.

Is that my problem? Should I be capturing to 3.0 as well as processing in it?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. So easy with C1 - just open a Support case and you know the answer within the hour.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: AlterEgo on April 27, 2016, 12:56:25 pm
Camera model is H3Dll 39ms. Is that the problem?
share your raw with target with "Frans Rutten", may be can test it on his computer ? I can't as I am at (my day)work
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 01:28:55 pm
When I open a .fff file and choose Window/Color Calibrations, the CC window opens.

But, I don't see any image in the CC window.

I presume this is not correct?

Thanks.

D.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Frans Rutten on April 27, 2016, 01:54:04 pm
That is correct. In the empty window, hit the + button to invoke the calibration process. Your selected file will open and you will see the tools you need.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 27, 2016, 03:39:10 pm
That is correct. In the empty window, hit the + button to invoke the calibration process. Your selected file will open and you will see the tools you need.

Hi Frans,

That's what I thought. But, when I click the + button, nothing happens.

So, I can only assume it's something to do with capturing to Flexcolor and then processing in 3.0. Something missing in the metadata perhaps?

Anyway, I will capture a file using 3.0 tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks again.

D.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 29, 2016, 06:13:16 am
For the record; I shot a file with Phocus 2.9.2. and there was no problem accessing the Color Calibration feature.

So, it seems the issue is capturing to Flex and then processing in Phocus - Color Calibration won't work.

D.
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: BobShaw on April 29, 2016, 06:44:44 am
Why wouldn't you just capture to Phocus?
Title: Re: Phocus 3.0 - Is Reproduction Tool /Colour Calibration a Mac OS only feature?
Post by: Dinarius on April 29, 2016, 06:57:14 am
Simply because the laptop I use on location is steam powered.  :)

It has a Firewire card slot which I use for multi-shot capture.

Given Firewire's subsequent history, it wasn't a great choice. But, back when I bought the camera, it was a no-brainer. The 4-shot files are extraordinary.

That said, if I was doing it all again...............

D.