Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: drmike on April 27, 2016, 02:31:03 am

Title: BBC Food photographer of the year
Post by: drmike on April 27, 2016, 02:31:03 am
I don't know how this link works non UK but I hope you can see the article.

BBC Site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36074328)

Some of the images are great others so-so but what caught my eye was 40 judges! Count them 40. The chairman Jay Rayner seems a nice guy, he's a food critic who is on TV a lot, but I guess he knows what he likes.

Mike
Title: Re: BBC Food photographer of the year
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 27, 2016, 03:42:21 am
If you find the BBC site restricts views from outside the UK, try here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/food-photographer-of-the-year-2016-the-winning-images/).

Rayner is very entertaining. As well as an awful lot of writing, he does a one-man show which I enjoyed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: BBC Food photographer of the year
Post by: francois on April 27, 2016, 05:21:22 am
Some great photography, thanks for the links.
Title: Re: BBC Food photographer of the year
Post by: Rob C on April 27, 2016, 01:52:47 pm
I'm not too impressed by food photography stills - as genre - but I have to say that I drool whenever I see the Marks & Spencer food commercials on television: they do them better than anybody else (IMO) that I know about, and the high - very high - production values are worth every penny. They render the rest of the competition as amateur night at the 8mm film club.

Rob
Title: Re: BBC Food photographer of the year
Post by: drmike on April 27, 2016, 02:20:52 pm
And the music helps a lot with those commercials. It is excellent marketing.