Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on April 25, 2016, 10:49:35 am
-
I have been lurking around light and dark areas looking for shadows and such like.
-
Very good.
-
I love the lines/shadows/highlights interplay. The image is very geometric and I like that. The only issue, a very minor issue only, is with the title. The little girl doesn't seem to be chasing the couple...
-
I have been lurking [in] dark areas looking for [little girls]...
Careful, Robert! Someone might misinterpret your intentions ;)
P.S. Nice shot, btw
-
Another excellent shot, Robert. Your timing and compositional sense are impeccable.
-
Very nice, Robert. That's looking.
-
Thanks for the feedback. Yesterday I visited the scene again but wasn't successful in getting anything worthwhile.
-
Thanks for the feedback. Yesterday I visited the scene again but wasn't successful in getting anything worthwhile.
Just a personal problem: they are too big to catch on my monitor as single images without scrolling. Ruins the impact, but the thumbprints are good indications!
Rob
-
This has an Escher feel. Intriguing.
-
Rob, what kind of screen are you using that you can't view a 1201 pixel image?
I was surprised too, as anything above 1200px is supposed to open in a new window. For some reason, this one requires scrolling on my iPad Air2 (Retina)!? Time for Kevin and his team to revisit this, a major issue for a photographic site?
-
I agree. I have the same problem. I can expand my browser to fill the screen and see all of stamper's picture at once, but I'd rather not do that. I have the same problem with BobDavid's posts. But Kikashi's, Todd Suttles's, or my own posts open in a separate window. Never have bothered to figure out the difference.
-
In another recent thread (sorry, but I don't remember which one) someone pointed out that the minimum pixel width for a new page seems to have crept up to at least 1203. I used to use an LR preset for LuLa that specified 1201 pixels, but more recently I've been using 1250 (to allow for a bit more inflation).
So far I have gotten no communications to my Complaint Department.
Eric
-
Eric, that was me who pointed out that (according to tests I made) the current size requirement for opening an image in a new window is 1203 px; and as you pointed out, it's a strange setting for inflation to be encountered. Wonder if the inflation rate matches the average increase in monitor resolution? ;)
But 1201 or 1203 or whatever, the image is very fine, Robert. Your patience in getting all these intriguing captures is admirable.
-
Thanks for the positive feedback. The resizing is bothering me to. When I click on it, it resizes too big. I am using Pale Moon and I decided to click and open in a new Tab and it opened at at the "correct" size, just enough to fill my 27 inch monitor.
-
Rob, what kind of screen are you using that you can't view a 1201 pixel image?
Hi Keith,
The monitor is a LaCie 319 (19 inch diagonal) and the resolution is 1280 x 1024.
I have other problems with different posters' images: some require opening up in Photoshop and others, such as stamper's, require scrolling.
Yours are all perfectly visible, straight, on my monitor, without any tricks needed to see them.
Perhaps you and I have fewer problems seeing our own here as we use the little Mona Lisa thinggy... I always import them to here via my website and the right-click... you taught me this way and it works.
But life still poses other problems: working on the last lot of shots of that local girl I reached a point where I could no longer make a call as to what looked right, image colour wise, and what did not. Oh for a tranny on a lightbox as reference!
Rob
-
Thanks for the positive feedback. The resizing is bothering me to. When I click on it, it resizes too big. I am using Pale Moon and I decided to click and open in a new Tab and it opened at at the "correct" size, just enough to fill my 27 inch monitor.
That's why I have to resize it down a bit to fit on my lowly 24" monitor. ;)