Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on April 22, 2016, 09:04:14 pm

Title: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: Mike Sellers on April 22, 2016, 09:04:14 pm
How would this combination perform? What would some pixel peeping reveal at 100%?
Mike
Title: Re: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: JV on April 23, 2016, 09:51:30 am
I might be missing something here...

I assume we are talking about the Schneider Variogon PQ 5.6/140-280 mm.  I am not aware of any adapters that would allow you to even use it on a Leica S.
Title: Re: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: siddhaarta on April 23, 2016, 10:38:08 am
If it is the Hasselblad V version, adaptation should be no problem.
Title: Re: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: siddhaarta on April 23, 2016, 10:48:50 am
Here is a MTF I found, may give a rough indication
Title: Re: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: JV on April 23, 2016, 12:18:40 pm
If it is the Hasselblad V version, adaptation should be no problem.

OK, I am only familiar with the Rollei version, I didn't realize there was also a Hasselblad V version...
Title: Re: Schneider 140-280 zoom on the Leica S2?
Post by: Theodoros on April 23, 2016, 12:57:42 pm
By the way... The lens (same optically) has also been made  (very rare though) for the Exacta 66/P-Six mount... The same is true for the 60-140 counterpart too, additionally, there has been vari-focal versions of both lenses for cinema use in different mounts... All the cinema and P-6/E-66 versions are of course without leaf shutter built in.