Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on April 22, 2016, 12:29:09 am

Title: What the light may hide
Post by: mseawell on April 22, 2016, 12:29:09 am
A tense mood on a stormy day at Bryce Canyon National Park, Inspiration Point. What the light may hide.
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: stamper on April 22, 2016, 04:53:48 am
Unusual, at least to me. This is a very nice image, one that I could look at a few times and find it more pleasing the more I look.
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: MattBurt on April 22, 2016, 12:48:34 pm
Great image! My only complaint is the halos around the closer hoodoos, especially the left one. Is it maybe just a compression artifact or is there something else going on there?
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: mseawell on April 22, 2016, 12:51:50 pm
Thanks! Compression it is and boy is a pain to clear!
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: James Clark on April 22, 2016, 04:25:19 pm
Interesting composition.  I quite like it.

Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 22, 2016, 05:37:57 pm
I love it!
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: Bob_B on April 22, 2016, 08:14:15 pm
I love it!
+1.
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 22, 2016, 10:44:37 pm
Great subject and composition but the cloud feels a little warm to me.
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: francois on April 25, 2016, 04:37:52 am
Interesting image, not what I expected from a storm in Bryce. I like it a lot.
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: philaitman on April 25, 2016, 07:14:46 am
I'm liking this shot a lot :)
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 27, 2016, 03:56:40 am
Nice image. Colour seems a bit off, and those halos almost look like double vision:)
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 27, 2016, 03:01:51 pm
I like it a lot. You have certainly demonstrated with this and others from your trip to Bryce that blue skies and fine sunshine aren't a requirement for good images!

Jeremy
Title: Re: What the light may hide
Post by: maddogmurph on April 27, 2016, 03:35:21 pm
I might have been there the same day, I didn't wait around, but I should have.