Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: wing1 on April 20, 2016, 01:46:45 pm

Title: Phase One 45 mm with 100mp
Post by: wing1 on April 20, 2016, 01:46:45 pm
Anyone have tested this lens (non Ls) on the new 100mp? Yes I know the new 35 is better but it is too much wide angle for me. Thank you
Title: Re: Phase One 45 mm with 100mp
Post by: stevenfr on April 20, 2016, 01:55:55 pm
I have the new 35mm lens on a XF 100MP camera. It is stunning. Here is an image I just shot in Death Valley.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com (http://www.friedmanphoto.com)
Title: Re: Phase One 45 mm with 100mp
Post by: Paul2660 on April 20, 2016, 03:24:54 pm
Anyone have tested this lens (non Ls) on the new 100mp? Yes I know the new 35 is better but it is too much wide angle for me. Thank you

The Phase One 45mm D can be very good on the 100MP, and 80MP chips.  There has always been a bit of sample variation on these lenses (at least from my usage), but the one I tested was very good.  Nice color/contrast, no LS shutter, but much lighter and for long days, a good compromise.

Paul C
Title: Re: Phase One 45 mm with 100mp
Post by: Christopher on April 20, 2016, 06:15:52 pm
Got a fairly ok copy of the 45D. Works very well from 5,6 and 8 for corners


Christopher Hauser
[email protected]