Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on April 19, 2016, 08:56:37 pm

Title: Copal 3 Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on April 19, 2016, 08:56:37 pm
I was looking online today for resources on Copal shutters and came across a Copal 3 image. 

I never used one and noticed there appears to be two additional cocking levers in the image. 

(http://www.walkercameras.com/pics/lenses/s_shutters/co3.jpg)
(On the right and in the middle right of the shutter)

What are they for?

It is bugging me I don't know.
Title: Re: Copal 3 Question
Post by: Joe Towner on April 19, 2016, 09:09:43 pm
'T' marking and lever for self timer?
Title: Re: Copal 3 Question
Post by: Chris Barrett on April 19, 2016, 09:12:19 pm
One of those is to open the shutter, which is normally that little black plastic lever.  I forget what the other one does.
Title: Re: Copal 3 Question
Post by: Kumar on April 20, 2016, 05:07:06 am
How quickly we forget!

Shutter Cocking Lever
Press Focus lever - opens the shutter to the set aperture
Plastic lever with pointer shows aperture
Shutter release lever - next to it, but not seen in the image, is the cable release socket
Red popup thingabob pos up when the shutter is cocked

Kumar