Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 17, 2016, 02:18:20 pm

Title: kirkjufell 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 17, 2016, 02:18:20 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: kirkjufell 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 19, 2016, 03:20:26 pm
No comments on the original, so after some good advice from an highly experienced photographer of Iceland, I'll submit this reworking.

Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: kirkjufell 2
Post by: RSL on April 19, 2016, 03:39:44 pm
Okay, Jeremy, looks as if that great photographer was right. Glad to see you reworked it.
Title: Re: kirkjufell 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 19, 2016, 04:30:49 pm
I was thinking of suggesting that you round off the summit a bit so it will be easier to climb, but I think I won't.

Highly experienced photographer was right. The new processing is quite convincing.

Eric

P.S. See? We don't always want you to lighten the blacks. Sometimes it's the whites.   ;)
Title: Re: kirkjufell 2
Post by: PeterAit on April 19, 2016, 04:37:11 pm
Okay, Jeremy, looks as if that great photographer was right. Glad to see you reworked it.

I agree. In the new version the snow looks like snow. That's not always easy to do, so bravo!
Title: Re: kirkjufell 2
Post by: Chairman Bill on April 19, 2016, 05:09:26 pm
Definitely number two for me. You were given good advice.