Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 16, 2016, 08:05:56 pm

Title: Air and Water
Post by: BobDavid on April 16, 2016, 08:05:56 pm
April 15, 2016
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2016, 08:37:49 pm
Now you just need Earth and Fire to complete the set.   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: BobDavid on April 16, 2016, 08:54:41 pm
Now you just need Earth and Fire to complete the set.   ;)

Eric

That's true.
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: RSL on April 17, 2016, 08:19:23 am
So nowadays you need Visa to get "free air?" Or is that just in southern Florida?
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: BobDavid on April 17, 2016, 11:24:23 am
So nowadays you need Visa to get "free air?" Or is that just in southern Florida?

I don't think I've been to a gas station with "free air" since I moved here in 2003. I figured all gas stations now charge for air. I had to chuckle when I realized the absurdity of paying interest on principle borrowed to buy air.
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 17, 2016, 01:32:32 pm
This absurdity reminds me of a note on a menu chalkboard in the café at a museum I visited recently:

"Sprinkles:
Chocolate -- Free!
Real Chocolate -- 50¢"

 :D

Eric
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 17, 2016, 02:13:04 pm
So nowadays you need Visa to get "free air?" Or is that just in southern Florida?

I just paid £1 ($1.42, at current rates) to fill my tyres. The cost last time was half that. It made the fact that only one tyre needed any air all the more galling.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: Colorado David on April 17, 2016, 02:17:36 pm
The air is still free. You have to pay to compress it. I bought my own air compressor. And speaking of chocolate, do you pay more for certified conflict-free chocolate?
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: RSL on April 17, 2016, 04:01:49 pm
Hi David, I use my own compressor too, so I guess it's still not free. Actually, it never was. The gas station was paying a bit for advertising its bonafides.
Title: Re: Air and Water
Post by: MattBurt on April 17, 2016, 04:10:47 pm
I always thought Free Air would be a good band name.
We have one station left in town that offers it free.