Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: biker on April 16, 2016, 05:00:01 pm

Title: Flowering Stairs
Post by: biker on April 16, 2016, 05:00:01 pm
It's in a "ghost town" with streets, power grid and other infrastructure. But no houses, no people. Dunno why - probably the developer went bankrupt.
Tried various angles and this one seems to be the best. The image badly needs some more space above but there isn't any. Maybe the next time. What else? Thanks.
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: pluton on April 18, 2016, 04:20:12 am
Nothing to complain about here.  Interesting subject, really attractive processing, nicely framed.  Is the bending of the lines really there, or could it be wacky distortion from a wide angle lens, or both?
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 18, 2016, 03:09:42 pm
I like it. You could perhaps straighten it a little.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: biker on April 19, 2016, 03:15:09 pm
Thanks.

Is the bending of the lines really there, or could it be wacky distortion from a wide angle lens, or both?
It's a 28mm equiv. lens distortion. While I sometimes use lensfun (http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/), I'm not a big fan of those corrections as the result isn't natural and clipping occurs.

You could perhaps straighten it a little.
I know and I'm going to reshoot. There probably will be a different setup of flowers. Maybe parallax correction in PP would also help.
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: muntanela on April 19, 2016, 03:46:56 pm
Taraxacum officinale ?
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: biker on April 19, 2016, 04:18:45 pm
Yeah. And also Bellis perennis on the second step.
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 19, 2016, 04:26:03 pm
Yes. All the flowers there speak Latin.   ;)
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: Jens Peermann on April 19, 2016, 10:40:52 pm
Great image. I just love images that keep reminding us that, in the end, whatever man comes up with is no match against nature.
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: muntanela on April 21, 2016, 01:57:44 pm
Yeah. And also Bellis perennis on the second step.

I hadn't seen it, lovely!
Title: Re: Flowering Stairs
Post by: maddogmurph on April 22, 2016, 03:26:53 am
Angles seem off to me. I like the idea/comp though.