Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: DavidPalermo on April 14, 2016, 06:02:57 pm

Title: Epson 3800 and Legacy paper... Do I need a profile if only doing B/W?
Post by: DavidPalermo on April 14, 2016, 06:02:57 pm
I have an old 3800 printer and want to try the new Legacy paper from Epson but Epson doesn't have any profiles for this printer.

I use Epson's Advanced B/W driver and I think all I really need to set is a paper type - matte, glossy, etc to closely match the paper characteristics and whether to use matte or photo black.

So do I really even need a paper profile for printing B/W?
Title: Re: Epson 3800 and Legacy paper... Do I need a profile if only doing B/W?
Post by: Mark D Segal on April 14, 2016, 08:42:31 pm
If you are using the ABW driver it does not depend on icc profiles used by your editing/printing application, so no, you would not install any new profiles. You will of course probably need to experiment a bit with the ABW settings to see which gives you the photographic characteristics you want in the print.