Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Arlen on April 14, 2016, 04:15:25 pm

Title: Out here in the fields
Post by: Arlen on April 14, 2016, 04:15:25 pm
...I get my back into my living


                      (http://www.pbase.com/art1/image/163002205/original.jpg)


Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Rob C on April 14, 2016, 04:30:47 pm
Shhhhh... don't let Russ hear: have you thought of cropping it square(ish)?

Rob C
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 14, 2016, 04:32:07 pm
Is there some sort of filter applied? Negative clarity, or watercolor?
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Telecaster on April 14, 2016, 04:43:48 pm
Will this be part of a series? Looking forward to the Teenage Wasteland photo.  ;D

-Dave-
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Arlen on April 14, 2016, 05:58:26 pm
Rob, yes, I've actually (whispering softly) cropped it all kinds of ways, just for grins of course and not because I would ever save such a thing to the file. However in the end, for me this was much about the verticals and the open spaces, including the sky, so I've left it that way. But of course I'm interested in what others think.

Slobodan, I processed this image years ago, and have just recently rediscovered it. There's no negative clarity or such in the LR file, but I processed the B&W version in Photoshop without saving the steps unfortunately. I agree that it does look like some selective negative clarity may have been applied there, for better or worse. I've been known to occasionally get into a negative clarity mood.

Dave, that sounds like a good idea; we know a super sound track that could be mated with such a series.  :)
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: RSL on April 14, 2016, 07:19:23 pm
It's just fine as it is. Don't touch it.
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 15, 2016, 01:23:43 am
It is a very good photograph.
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: stamper on April 15, 2016, 03:40:46 am
It is a very good photograph.

Yes. Nothing needs to be done to it.
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Bob_B on April 15, 2016, 08:53:12 am
It is a very good photograph.

+1. 'nuff said.
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 15, 2016, 12:15:06 pm
+1. 'nuff said.
+2.
Title: Re: Out here in the fields
Post by: Telecaster on April 15, 2016, 02:18:03 pm
I also feel the photo is just fine as is. (I also feel spatial detail is overvalued in general, though this pic in particular benefits from its lack.)

-Dave-