Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dseurer on April 13, 2016, 03:47:54 pm

Title: Epson R3000 and new Epson Legacy Paper
Post by: dseurer on April 13, 2016, 03:47:54 pm
I have an Epson R3000 printer and was looking to see if there are any Legacy Paper ICC profiles for this printer.  I could not find any.  Was I missing something?  Do they exist?

Thanks
Title: Re: Epson R3000 and new Epson Legacy Paper
Post by: howardm on April 13, 2016, 04:15:21 pm
Magic 8 Ball says.............

Nope.  It's a discontinued model (a number of years now I think).  Very unlikely you'll see profiles from Epson IMO.  Try the Canson R3000 profiles. 
Title: Re: Epson R3000 and new Epson Legacy Paper
Post by: Rand47 on April 13, 2016, 05:10:09 pm
I have an Epson R3000 printer and was looking to see if there are any Legacy Paper ICC profiles for this printer.  I could not find any.  Was I missing something?  Do they exist?

Thanks

I have a P600 as well as an 800.  I could not find any ICC profiles for the Legacy papers for the 600!  I emailed Epson and was told that since "at this time" the  Legacy paper is only available in rolls, and the minimum roll is 17".  They went on to say that the Legacy sheets will be released in May and that ICC profiles for the P 600 will also be released/posted for download at that time, since 13" and 11" sheet will fit in the P600.  Seemed kinda lame, but was at least hopeful.

I'm guessing that you may see profiles for the R3000 for the Legacy papers also, once the sheets are in distribution.

Rand